Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained can be distinguished:
- Own Cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session Cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a Web Page. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and expire when the user logs out or closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data remains stored in the terminal to be accessed and used in more than one session. They can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, these can be:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web Page, platform or Web Page and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts.
- Personalization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, monitoring and analyzing the behavior of users to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, Web page or platform and for the elaboration of user browsing profiles.
- Advertising Cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
Cookies used on the web
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
LA NENA HOME web pages use Google Analytics , a web access analysis service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. According to the above typology, these are first-party, session and analysis cookies. You can find more information about this and disable the use of these cookies at www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/privacyoverview.html .
Through web analytics, information is obtained on the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal.
The LA NENA HOME website also uses a session ID cookie that is used to maintain the user’s session in the browser. This is an excepted and technical cookie used to ensure the correct functioning of the site.
How to modify cookie settings
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from quirónsalud or any other website by using your browser. In each browser the operation is different, the ‘Help’ function will show you how to do it.
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/en-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- FireFox: support.mozilla.org/en/kb/Delete%20cookies
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
follow us on Instagram